INDIEPENDENCE MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL IS A STRICTLY OVER-18’S EVENT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CHILDREN 12 AND UNDER.
- You must be 18 years of age to attend INDIEPENDENCE with the exception of children aged 12 and under who are accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of 25.
- The parent or guardian must remain with the child for the entire event.
- Children under 12 do not need a ticket but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian with a ticket.
- Children under 12 are allowed access to the arena only, there is no camping or campervan facility for children at Indiependence. You will not be allowed to bring a child in to the camping or campervan area at Indiepndence. Access for children 12 and under is limited to the arena only.
- As in previous years, children aged 13-17 years of age are not allowed to attend even when accompanied by an adult. Please do not show up with a child aged 13-17 years of age as they will not gain entry.
- If you are bringing a child and you feel that they look over 12 years of age, you should being ID to prove that the child is 12 years of age or less.
- If you are bringing a child 12 or under to Indiependence, you will be asked by one of our welfare officers to put your name and phone number on a wristband on the child before entry.
- In the event that security or An Garda Siochána deem that a child is not 12 years of age or under or that the parent or guardian is not accompanying the child while on site, Indiependence reserves the right to ask the parent or guardian along with the child to leave the festival.
Accepted forms of identification are;
- Drivers License
- Garda Age Card will only be accepted where security and An Garda Siochána are confident that it is genuine, it will not be accepted as a guaranteed proof of age.
- IDs must be in date.
- Photocopies will not be accepted.
- A parent or guardian vouching for you at the entrance will not be accepted (this does actually happen!)
- There will be members of An Garda Siochána aiding security with ID checks at all entrances and ID checks will be repeated over the weekend even after you have received your wristband so if you are lucky enough to look under 18 you need to keep your ID on you at all times.