INDIEPENDENCE MUSIC & ARTS FESTIVAL IS AN OVER-18’S EVENT – ID REQUIRED
Kids aged 12 years and younger are free to enter the festival as long as they are accompanied by a parent. They must be signed in at the ticket office on arrival at the event with parental contact details supplied.
If you intend on bringing children to INDIEPENDENCE please remember that you are responsible for their 24 hour care of your precious little ones while onsite.
At INDIE19 there will be a visible increase in ID checks. Before you buy your ticket or decide you are going to attempt to gain entry as someone who is under 18 years of age, please read the below.
- Due to the number of forged Garda IDs in circulation these are no longer an acceptable form of ID at INDIE. A full drivers license, a passport or a passport card are required.
- A specific ID lane will be in operation at both entrance gates, patrons who look under 21 will be asked to enter via this lane. If you refuse to use this lane you will be refused entry. If you cannot produce a valid ID, you will be refused entry and of course if you are under 18, you will be refused entry.
- Once you have your wristband you can still be asked for ID again during the course of the weekend so you must keep your ID on you at all times.
- Members of security and An Garda Siochána will also carry out spot ID checks throughout the campsite and arena over the weekend.
- Attendees who are deemed to be underage and unaccompanied will be dealt with by members of An Garda Siochána as unaccompanied minors.
- Refunds will not be offered in the case of a ticket purchased by an underage person.
- An Garda Siochána will be notified where a parent has brought a minor to INDIE19 and left them unaccompanied.
- Where children under 12 years of age are attending the event with their parents, if they are found by staff or security unaccompanied they will be taken to the Garda HQ on site and their parents will be contacted.