INDIE19 as with all previous events is an over 18s event with the exception of children under 12 years of age accompanied by a parent or guardian over 25 years of age, these are the terms of the event license for this event. If you are attending INDIE19, you need to read the following very carefully and ensure that you are not in breach of any of what follows.
There are a large amount of fake IDs in circulation at the moment. Because of this we suggest that where possible you use an in date passport or drivers license as your form of identification. The only other acceptable form of ID is the Garda Age Card. Where a member of security is unsure as to the validity of a form of ID, the attendee will be referred to the Garda Age Verification Tent where a member of An Garda Siochána will inspect the ID and decide whether or not to admit the ticket holder. Where the ID is deemed to be fake or where the attendee cannot produce valid ID, the person will be prevented from entering INDIE19 and a refund will not be offered.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
- In date Passport
- In date Drivers License
- In date Garda Age Card (Potential to be referred to Garda Age Verification)
NOT ACCEPTED FORMS OF ID
- Out of date Passport
- Out of date Drivers License
- Out of date Garda Age Card
- Student ID
- Any photocopy
- Statement from a parent
- Anything that isn’t one of the acceptable forms above
FREQUENCY OF ID CHECKS
ID checks will continue at INDIE19 even after you have received your wristband, this is due to potential cases of wristband swopping (again, it’s the minority ruining it for everyone else!) If you look younger than 25 and definitely if you were asked for ID on initial entry, you should keep your ID on you for the duration of the weekend. Locations where ID checks will take place;
- Initial entry at Gate 1 and 2
- Re-entry via gate 1 & 2
- Entry to the main arena
- At all bars on site
- Spot wristband checks in all campsites
These checks will continue throughout the weekend in conjunction with An Garda Siochána.
WE CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW STRICT THIS IS GOING TO BE THIS YEAR WITH INCREASED SECURITY AND AN GARDA SIOCHÁNA REGULARLY CHECKING FOR ID. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YOU SHOULD SELL YOUR TICKET NOW AS YOU WILL NOT GAIN ENTRY AND A REFUND WILL NOT BE OFFERED.
The exception to the rule at INDIE19 is children under 12 when accompanied by their parent or guardian who must be over 25 years of age. If you are bringing a child under 12 years of age with you, you must do the following;
- Register at the check in on arrival at either gate.
- Get a “Tag A Kid” wristband for your child / children with your name, address and phone number on it.
- Leave your name, address and phone number at the check in.
- Accompany your child at all times while on site. If an unaccompanied child is found on site they will be taken to a safe location and their guardian contacted. In the event that the child has been left unaccompanied on purpose by their guardian, both the guardian and the child or children will be removed from site and no refund will be offered.
- One parent / guardian may accompany a maximum of three children to the event.
A music festival is not a suitable location for unaccompanied children, if you are bringing your child they must be accompanied at all times and they are your responsibility.